Monday, February 1, 2010

Honestly, There's a Reason for This Post

I need to bring my blog back online.

On Wednesday I am participating in a large mock interview and networking event. In wake of this I realized that I don't have a website currently. Don't get me wrong; I do have an interest in web design and applications. In fact, the latest project I completed (for a web design course) was never hosted online, but rather viewed and evaluated offline. My final mark in the course was an A, for those still in doubt.

I built from scratch, owned and maintained a personal blog site (and its graphics) at age 16. According to my colleagues, it had a very simple, "zen" feel to it. The colour scheme was light blue on white. I used to draw lots and had an artwork page with thumbnail links to each piece. I kept blog entries and journal writings on a regular basis.

Back to the present. Since I don't currently have a website, I want to revive my blog so that I can place a link on my business cards. Another way for employers to reach me. The other reason to revive it is honesty - I'm not pretending that I have been keeping a website or blog all along, but I am going to make an effort to continue keeping one now that I have recognized my mistake.

Why didn't I keep posting? If you couldn't tell by now, I gave this blog no real direction - It was merely a place to keep my musings in a neat little Web-bundle.

Will that change? We'll see. I might end up building a new site and keeping this one as is. Or this blog might see some real direction.

If you have one, your website or blog is valuable. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment